STARTS AT (00:33:18)
- Dota 2 International Championships are underway!
- $18 million dollar fan-funded prize pool up for grabs, with $6.5 million to the 1st place team, $2.7 million to 2nd place, and even 13-16th place still making a cool $54k.
- If you are unfamiliar with the game but interested in watching they have a newbie show every day before the games begin.
- Hearthstone’s The Grand Tournament expansion is available for pre-purchase via a unique $49.99 bundle, which gets your 50 card packs and a unique card back.
- The newest expansion brings a new minion keyword - Inspire - which activates after you use your Hero Power. It’s the biggest card shake-up since Deathrattle.
- A clock bug seems to tip off a release date of August 25th.
- On the subject of Hearthstone, if you (or a friend!) have a Samsung Galaxy S6, you’re eligible for a promotion that snags you three free card packs and an exclusive “Galaxy Gifts” card back.
- World of Warcraft’s next expansion will be announced this week at Gamescom in Cologne Germany on August 6th at 9am PDT
STARTS AT (00:48:05)
Bojack Horseman Season 2, Netflix
Embraces crippling dark storytelling, but manages to balance it with some solid "up" moments. Pacing is faster compared to season one. All characters are well developed, dealing with their own storyline problems. Todd, in particular, has a lot more of his own story this time around, which we loved.
The far more serious tone felt like the reason this season lacked compared to season one. No real "nods" for fans who watched the previous season. Not as many comedic animal background scenes as in the first season. Todd's storyline had no real resolution.
KEEPIN' IT REEL
STARTS AT (01:12:09)
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, Paramount Pictures
Holds great as a standalone movie in the franchise. The stunts look incredible because they are real. The movie rewards fans with nods to Ghost Protocol. Simon Pegg’s character had a much bigger role, which we dug. Ilsa is a great, strong female character, never a damsel in distress and a nuanced character on her own. Great fight choreography. Incredible opera scene.
The entire water scene going into the car chase scene had some realism issues that pulled us out of the movie. This film was not as "flashy" as Ghost Protocol. Tom Cruise eluding the CIA for six months on his own seems unrealistic and never explained.
Check out SamsonLocks' full, in-depth review of this film below!