We'll be providing all our PHXCC in a special episode later this week! Expect a link to it here.
- Amazon introduces free same-day shipping in 14 metro areas.
- Demand pricing may come to Disneyland soon. Cheaper tickets in the Summer, pricey tickets during holidays.
KEEPIN' IT REEL
San Andreas, Warner Bros. Pictures
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has proved himself a formidable acting powerhouse in Hollywood, lending his talents to the Fast & Furious franchise, Pain and Gain, and more. He's quickly become a favorite of ours here at the podcast, and we were interested in watching this movie solely for him being casted in it. We also found the two parallel storylines reminiscent of Independence Day, the difference being they never cross like ID4's did. Still fun, though, seeing an action storyline separate from all "the science". There was some interesting foreshadowing done throughout the movie. We also enjoyed the chemistry between brothers Ben and Ollie. There's also some attention to detail that is usually missed in action flicks.
Popcorn flicks like these walk a fine line between "zombie-out enjoyable" and "kill-me-now unenjoyable". San Andreas unfortunately This movie had some of the most cringe-inducing lines we've seen in an action flick. Maybe action films are just getting better and less cheesy, so we now notice it? From a fact-checking perspective, there's obviously a ton of errors. The magnitude of the later quakes aren't feasible. San Andreas also plays the "narrow miss" card too much. They're always dipping out of danger, narrowly avoiding another calamity also in the vicinity. Script plot holes also run rampant.
The character development is bad. Nearly everyone is given some sad backstory, and it's told with terrible acting. We then don't have any connection with a single character. When an antagonist is killed, we don't care enough to cheer. When any of our "heroes" is near death, we aren't on the edge of our seats.
- Watch Rick and Morty on Hulu! - SamsonLocks
- If you're looking for Apple Watch protection or an aesthetic change, check out Spigen. You can also get 25% off by signing up to their mailing list. - JoshuaRiver
- Witcher 3: Wild Hunt review is here.
- Drink Mr. Pineapple from SanTan Brewing, an incredible seasonal beer in Arizona. - Eddie T
- Hop back on Vine. It's fun again! - Krownz